The SPARK: Academic Innovation Hub
The Spark, open fall 2017, enables faculty to use the most innovative technology in a state-of-the-art facility to help motivate students to engage deeply in learning.
A committee of WSU faculty, students and staff worked collaboratively to create the vision and identify goals of the digital classroom building. The building embodies a space where technology will be used to enhance learning, for current and future Cougars.
The four-story, 83,295 square foot building is designed for maximum flexibility allowing spaces to be configured for learning across multiple disciplines and reconfigured to accommodate changing needs. It includes both formal and informal learning spaces for small- and large-group learning.
“An environment that energizes
and enables students and faculty.”
Building highlights include:
- A 250 seat circular learning hall where faculty are untethered from a podium and free to interact with students around the room
- Faculty innovation studio
- Faculty hoteling office space
- Media studio with large format and 3D printers
- A town square event space
- Student skills development studio