Spark Design Studio is open with reduced operations. We are accommodating projects from the following only:
- Academic Projects
- Registered Student Organization (RSO)
The Spark Design Studio encourages faculty and students to engage in a design process/teaching style. From conceptualization to refinement, implementation and production, the tools and space in the studio accommodate this process.
Production equipment available includes a workstation with various design and media tools, laser cutter, waterjet cutter, CNC machine, 3D scanner, and conventional and large-scale 3D printing. A computer, video projector and interactive whiteboard are also available.
Production software available includes:
- Graphic Design, Video Editing, Web Development & Photography: Adobe Creative Cloud – full suite
- 3D Design: Maya, 3DS Max, Revit, Fusion 360 and MudBox
- Screen Capture: Panopto
- Statistical Modeling: Matlab (Web version only), R/R Studio
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote
- 3D Printing Small & Large Format
- 3D Digitizing
- Laser Cutting/Engraving
- Water Jet Cutting
- CNC Shopbot
- Creaform Scanning
- Large Format Printing
Visit Spark Current Projects for ideas from students and instructors.
Submitting Your Project
Make sure your file is correct. Staff does not check or fix errors. We only confirm files are ready for the production process. Emailing your project files will be ignored unless directed by Design Studio staff.
Visit Spark Design Studio Project Request to submit your project and supporting files. If you have any issues using the Spark Design Studio Project Request submission form, please call 509-335-2819.
Our face-to-face services are by appointment only. To make an appointment, please email AOI.SparkDesignstudio@wsu.edu.
Accepted File Types
Minimum Fees: a $1.00 minimum fee applies to all projects. All fees to be paid before item is picked up.
- Academic: Consumable cost only
- Non- Academic: Consumable cost and tech time
MDF and Baltic Birch
Price per square foot
- ½” MDF $2.00
- ¼” MDF $1.75
- ¼” Birch $4.00
Price per 12in.x12in panel. Will be sold by full 12in.x12in panel only.
- 1/8” clear acrylic $5.50
- Various Colors – 1/8” color acrylic $7.00
3D Print Filament (PLA)
- Various Colors $0.10 per gram
- Student Account
- Interdepartmental Requisition Invoice (IRI) – WSU Dept. Only